To reduce vulnerability and ensure continuity in at any point in the food chain whether it be a farm, manufacturer, distributor, food service or retail it is vital to implement strategies for managing both every day, and exceptional risks along the supply chain and as well as internally. This is best accomplished through continuous risk assessments, effective operational plans and preparation.
The Acheson Group (TAG) works with companies to design and help implement comprehensive food safety systems.
TAG can evaluate and develop cost-conscious solutions to mitigate your risk in the following ways
- Performing desk audits and/or onsite assessments of your food safety procedures
- Improving documentation
- Enhancing sanitation and environmental monitoring testing plans and data analysis
- Advising on finished product testing plan
- Conducting Food safety system reviews
- GFSI related documents
- HACCP document review and training
- FDA and USDA requirements
- Crisis management procedures
- Performing traceability assessments, system design, and training/ simulations
- Evaluating customer complaint handling practices
- Conducting food defense vulnerability assessments and developing food defense plans
While TAG helps food companies build strategies and programs to avoid food safety issues, we also believe that developing a plan in advance for a recall crisis is critical. TAG will assess your current recall preparedness and if necessary work with you to create a recall plan assessment/ gap analysis that takes a facility step-by-step through the “must-do” in a product recall. Recall preparedness is about more than isolating the product- it’s about managing a crisis and protecting your business.
March 4, 2013 – FDA has released the traceability pilot report from the work conducted by the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) – Pilot Projects for Improving Product Tracing along the Food Supply System Final Report.
Also see the IFT Food Product Tracing homepage for more details.